A Good Yarn

Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend Update

Nothing all that exciting happened this weekend. I had one of my knitting groups on Saturday and almost finished that purple sock. Turns out that it fits just fine - close, but not uncomfortable. I still may not keep it though, because I don't like wearing lacy socks. But I'll definitely finish the pair.

Sunday was of course football Sunday. First I had to do a home visit. Then my brother, nephew and my brother's buddy and I went to a local watering hole to watch the game. What a huge disappointment. I have a feeling this is going to be a long season. Then I went home and watched the Emmys. Not a lot of surprises there. I figured The Sopranos were guaranteed to win for their last season. I thought Ugly Betty might win Best Comedy, but I'm not shocked 30 Rock won. I just don't enjoy that show. I love Alec Baldwin and Tina Fey, but the rest of the cast just isn't that funny. The best moment of the night was when Ricky Gervais won Best Actor in a Comedy and since he wasn't there Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert gave the award to Steve Carell (who is playing an American version of a character created by Ricky Gervais, it's all so connected!) because they all used to work together on The Daily Show. Seeing three men jumping and hugging like teenage girls is hilarious!

So, some knitting went on too. I'm almost done with my Tomato:



The darts turned out really well. I'm so glad that I decided to put them in there. Now I think I'll also add the side vents, so I need to figure out how I want to do it. I think I'm going to stick with ribbing for the bottom, sleeves and neckline, because I want to pull in that neckline a little. So I need to do something to keep the sides of the side vents from rolling too much. Or maybe I just won't make them that long. Hmmmmmmmm.....

I don't think I've posted pictures of my Harry Potter ornaments, either:



Christmas present for my nephew, Michael. Harry, Ron, Fred and George sweaters. The little gold balls are Golden Snitches. I need to pick up a little table top tree and figure out how many more ornaments I need. Maybe one of each is enough.

Labels: ,