A Good Yarn

Monday, September 10, 2007

Weekend Update

Ahhh, fall has begun. It was still really hot and humid last week, but towards the end of the week, the temperatures started falling and now it's a brisk 61 degrees mid-day. I love it! Except that I caught a bit of a cold, so I was just miserable with sneezing and body aches yesterday.

I spent most of Friday and Saturday at the Mall of America for Archiver's annual Scrapfest. I took three classes and spent the rest of my time there on the free make and takes. Every year this event gets bigger and bigger, so the lines for the make and takes were so long. Friday I ran out of the house because I had an early class, so I was a bit unprepared. Luckily I met a very nice woman in one of the early lines and we started chatting and hit it off, so we just hung around together the rest of the day. Saturday I was smart enough to bring a tote bag and a bit of knitting. I finished up another bib, that I had started at the Irish Fair last month:



The Scrapfest was lots of fun and I do enjoy papercraft a lot, but knitting is definitely my first love. Here are some of the make and takes I made over the weekend:



As you can see, there was a frame, a scrapbook page, a trick or treat bag, some cards and some litle picture books. I took one card class and two scrapbook classes. I wasn't able to finish my scrapbook projects in class, so I'll have some fun things to work on when I get around to it.

Friday night, I went out to see my favorite band to watch live:



Cowboy Mouth! I've mentioned on this blog many times before how much fun it is to go to a Cowboy Mouth show, but let me say it again. This is a fantastic band to see live. They play pretty much straight up rock. They are incredibly upbeat and the hallmark of their shows is their interaction with the audience. And not in a dumb or annoying way. I challenge anyone who sees them to leave without a smile on their face. There were a couple of new people in the band, but they still didn't disappoint. I was dead tired when I arrived, but left feeling happy and energized.

Sunday was of course Game Day!



Oh my gosh!! How much do I love Adrian Peterson? He's so fast and so strong, it's just a pleasure watching him carry the ball. And his beautiful touchdown? We havne't seen that kind of excitement in quite a while. Even though I was sneezing and blowing my nose every other minute, it was a really fun day. I can't wait for more!
I joined the Football along (link on the sidebar), so I'm looking forward to a little knitting and watching football next Sunday when the Vikings travel to Detroit.

Labels: , ,