A Good Yarn

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Awards

Last week I was nominated for three bloggie awards on the same day. How exciting!!

Knittymama nominated me for the Nice Matters and Power of Schmooze awards.



The Nice Matters Award was started by Bella Enchanted and is explained thusly:

This award will be awarded to those that are just nice people , good blog friends and those that inspire good feelings and inspiration! Those that care about others that are there to lend support or those that are just a positive influence in our blogging world!


Awww, that's exactly what I try to be, so I'm really honored by the nomination from Knittymama. The other award is similar, and a big part of being nice, I think:



It is given to reward bloggers who not only blog but also participate in a conversation with other bloggers, creating new communities.


That's the main reason that I blog - to be part of this great community of people who share at least one of my passions.

I was also nominated by Ms. Labradorable for the Rockin' Girl Blogger award.



Thank you both for the nominations - I am tickled!!! Both of you were well deserving of the awards originally - you're both amazing knitters, interesting bloggers and supportive, kind human beings. I am lucky to be part of this blogging community that is chock full of people who also fit those descriptions, so it's hard to pass on the nominations. I was really excited to get the awards and to pass them along, until I had to sit down and do the nominations. There are too many good choices!!!

A lot of people have already won the Rockin' Girl Blogger award, so I'm going to try to nominate people who haven't already gotten it, just to limit my choices. For instance, Chaos' mom is commenter and blog community member extraordinaire - she always has great advice and a kind word not only for me but I see her comments all over blogland. But she's been nominated already, so I'm not doing it again! :-) So, I came up with a list and looked on people's blogs to see if they aleady had the award on there.

You're supposed to nominate 7 other bloggers, so, here are my nominations:

Furballs - Knitting and yarn buying partner in crime. If I need someone to convince me I really do deserve that skein of cashmere, this is where to turn.

Cashmere Dreams - Another enabler extraordinaire. She's always tempting me into picking up the nicest, most beautiful yarns around. She's generous with her extensive knitting knowledge and offers of a little dog cuddle time until I get my next furbaby, too!

Chicken-Knits - My first Swap partner. I got hooked on swaps after such a wonderful experience. No one was easier to buy for because we're so similar! And all these years later, I'm still enjoying her supportive and kind friendship.

I Was Knit Together in my Mother's Womb - Speaking of swaps, she's created an amazing, talented, generous community with the Special Swap group. Every knitter I've met through the swaps has been incredible and I am so happy to be part of that group.

Froggie Meanie - I'm trying not to use names because I'm not sure if everyone uses their name on their blogs, but I have to with Ms. Froggie Meanie. I found Renee pretty early in my blogging life and was so excited to find someone with my name! And it was meant to be, because she's been so fun to get to know and created one of my all time favorite gifts - my Wallace & Gromit stitch markers. So creative this girl is!!

K3Tog - Since this is a shared blog, I'll also single out Jeanne by name. Blue-ribbon sock knitter, amazing yarn-dyer and supportive friend. She also introduced me to one of the best bakeries in the State of Minnesota, so for that alone, she deserves an award!

Wound Too Tight - One of the nicest, most enthusiastic, most fun people to be around. She's taken her blogging to a new level this summer and I for one have loved it!!

So, there you have it. My list of nominees. I could have easily nominated another 20 - 30 bloggers who have supported me through difficult times, like when my doggies died, or cheered me on through boring projects or just helped me feel a little less isolated and lonely. Thanks to everyone who reads this blog and leaves a comment and for everyone whose blogs I read and enjoy and feel like I've made a connection with.