A Good Yarn

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Knitting

There's embarrassingly little to show for the month of March, but I did do some knitting. I am working on a blanket for my new nephew, Jason:



It's a two-sided blanket and as you can see, I've finished the blue side. I started the green side, so I guess that fits in nicely with Project Spectrum for April (green, yellow and pink). When I started this blanket in February, I started with blue because that was the PS color for February and March, but I didn't think it'd be April before I started the green part. I also didn't think the baby would already be born. Oh well, I guess that's the way things go sometimes.

I may not have been knitting much, but I have been buying yarn. Here's a couple of my purchases:



Another skein of Jitterbug. The first time I bought Jitterbug I was very drawn to this pink skein, but I decided it was too wacky. When I went back to Needlework Unlimited and it was still there, I decided it was meant to be mine and snatched it up.



This is Great Adirondack Soxie. I have seen this yarn online, but had never seen it in person until I stopped by Three Kittens to check out what the new owners had done with the place. It's much more open and while still carrying a very nice selection, it's more organized and less overwhelming. When I saw the Soxie, I knew I had to have a skein to add to my sock yarn collection. This color is just gorgeous, I think.

Finally, I wanted to mention that I was lucky enough to be given tickets for the new musical, Edward Scissorhands.



I'm going on Tuesday night and if you want to go, you can get a 25% discount on tickets:

Get 25% off tickets for "Edward Scissorhands" at the Ordway Center.

Three shows only! Tuesday, April 10 through Thursday, April 12 at 8 PM.

Visit the Ordway Center Box Office or phone 651-224-4222 with the
promotional code TOPIARY to receive your discount.

Go to http://www.ordway.org/performances/0607/edward.asp for show details.

Based on the motion picture classic by Tim Burton. Devised/directed and
choreographed by Matthew Bourne ("Swan Lake", "Mary Poppins")

Offer not valid on previously purchased tickets.