A Good Yarn

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

FO, FO!

Finished Object, not the other thing.



Project Name: Wooly Pumpkin
Designer: Marie Mayhew
Pattern Source: Leaflet
Yarn: Cascade 220
Yarn Source: Sheepy Yarn Shoppe
Date Started: 10/26/06
Date Completed: 11/11/06

Comments: This was one of my purchases during the Yarn Store Treasure Hunt. I really thought the shop model was so cute, so I bought the pattern and the yarn at Sheepy Shoppe. I originally intended to needle felt a jack-o-lantern face and make it a Halloween decoration, but I obviously finished it up too late, so it's a Thanksgiving decoration, at least for now. I can still do the jack-o-lantern after Thanksgiving. It was an easy project and as always, I love how Cascade 220 felts. Stuffing it was a little harder because there's only a small hole on the bottom after you finish felting it. Maybe I should have put more stuffing in.




Project Name: Slide On Slippers
Designer: Kathleen Taylor
Pattern Source: Knit One, Felt Too!
Yarn: Araucania Nature Wool (blue) and Cascade 220 (yellow)
Yarn Source: Project Colorswap - Elizabeth
Date Started: 11/5/06
Date Completed: 11/10/06

Comments: I made these slippers for the Pine Ridge Reservation. I used the Araucania Nature Wool that Elizabeth sent me from the Project Colorswap. This yarn is a little bit thinner than the Cascade 220, but it felts very nicely. It was a bit hairy, so I shaved it and it looks great. I love the color variations. I have started another pair of these slippers in an adult size.