A Good Yarn

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Project Spectrum May or June?



Saturday was our monthly AK get together. I finished up the second front on Nora, joined the shoulders and knit half of the front neck band:



Here's a close up of the neckband:



I used up some partial skeins on the neckband and may be able to squeek the rest of the second neckband out of the last partial I have. After that I have one full skein left, which definitely isn't going to be enough to knit the sleeves. So, I found some skeins of this discontinued yarn at Perfect Touch Yarns and ordered 6 more skeins. I probably don't need that much, but I figured better safe than sorry. If I have some left, this is a very nice yarn to use for baby knits. I'm really annoyed that the yarn usage was so off with this pattern. I'll probably email Berroco and let them know, although they probably don't care since this is such an old pattern.



I did my June PS beading on Sunday. I made a bracelet:



and a necklace:



I also made another project, but it's for my secret pal, so I'm not going to post it. I'm pretty sure she doesn't read my blog, but you never can tell.

My nephew and I took my brother out for Father's Day for ribs and chicken wings. Then we went to the Mall of America and did a bit of shopping. I'm proud to report I didn't buy TOO much.