A Good Yarn

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Oh my goodness!!!

I've been participating in the Project Spectrum Swap every month and I've had such fantastic exchanges. Every month it's super fun to go shopping with the green theme - I love themes! And I've gotten to know some new knitters through some new blogs. So no matter what, it'd be a good swap. But I've also been lucky enough to get amazingly good packages. So now I've been trying to manage my expectations and remind myself that I've gotten really lucky and the gifts I receive aren't the point, or at least not the main the point. But once again, I got incredibly lucky! Elizabeth is so, so generous!!!

I got an amazing box of goodies:



But wait, that's not all! I left some of my goodies in the office:



Isn't that coffee cup gorgeous? And the chocolate bar arrived in perfect condition, Elizabeth. It's also delicious - I opened it up and tried after I took that picture! I would have taken a new picture of everything together, but I had already wound up one of the skeins of Koigu. Wanna see a closeup of its blue goodness?



It's gorgeous! I haven't used Koigu in a while and forgot how soft and springy it is! Here's the rest of the stuff:



Some really pretty paper goods! There's also a bar of goat's milk soap in there, too.

I think you can see the book pretty well - "Knitting on the Edge". Such a cool book, which I've looked at a million times, and now I have it for myself!



Not such a great picture of the Regia. The flash washed it out too much, so I took it without flash and it's kind of dark. It's an awesome dark blue yarn with short stripes of lighter blues. Love it!



Another crappy picture. But it's another pretty blue - this time Araucania. I've wanted to try this yarn out and now I can! Elizabeth is making a scarf from this yarn and included the "Branching Out" pattern from Knitty for me.

Elizabeth, thank you so, so, so much for a fantastic package! I just love everything in it and am giddy with excitement!

I signed up for the July swap, but I hope my pal doesn't feel intimated by Elizabeth's generosity! This really was above and beyond anything I would have expected! My PS Swap questions are here, if you want to check them out.

As you can see from the button on the right, I joined the Summer of Socks Knit-along. I wound up that Koigu because I intended to cast on a pair of socks for the first day, yesterday, but I forgot the pattern at work, so I guess I'll start them tonight. I worked on the Ruffles scarf instead, but I'm not going to post another picture because it looks exactly the same, except longer. I've finished the first skein and it fits all the way around my neck, so I think 2 skeins is going to be plenty.

I'll close with a picture of Fiona I took while I was photographing my goodies from Elizabeth: