A Good Yarn

Friday, June 02, 2006

Got Socks?



Well, as I suspected, I wasn't able to finish my big PS May project in May. I did, however, finish the left front:



I love the rib and cable goodness!



This is a very drapey, shiney fabric. I can't wait to wear it this summer.

Some of my knitting friends and I went in together to order some Socks That Rock from Blue Moon Fiber Arts so that we could see what all the fuss is about. Ok! Now I know! Seeing everyone's yarns all together was breathtaking. I bought four skeins - here they are:



Romancing the Stone. I love the purpley goodness of this one. I'm thinking this may be a PS July project!



Heavy Metal. Love the dark blue and gold together - one of my favorite color combos.



Seastone. This is a crappy picture, sorry. It really is pretty.



Sherbet. So pretty! So bright! Love it!

I think I need to get a skein of Rockstar and Lagoon next time - those were my favorites among the skeins my friends ordered. Of course, I really liked pretty much all of them. I'm so glad that STR is not available at a local yarn store. It would be such bad news for my budget.

Luckily, I joined the Summer of Socks knitalong, so I'll be casting on once summer OFFICIALLY begins.

I tried to get a picture of Fiona while I was photographing the STR, but she's really hard to get a picture of. She jumps up whenever she sees me trying to take a picture and is on the move a lot. Here's the best I could get:



Yeah, she's often hanging out with the lawnmower. We're both doing a lot better, although the 2 week anniversary last night was tough. She's still not eating much, at least of the dry food. I'll need to talk to the vet about that.