A Good Yarn

Monday, December 12, 2005

Part III

Ok, here's the final part of my post. It was a while coming. As promised, there are pictures of my latest yarn acquired. I was at The Yarnery to pick up some birthday presents and had to pick up a couple of skeins.



This is some Malabrigo that I just couldn't resist. Look at those colors! They only had one skein, so I'm thinking maybe a child's hat.



This one was in the clearance room, so I couldn't resist it either. Misti alpaca is just to die for! I just love rubbing this against my cheeks or my neck. And that chocolate brown is gorgeous!

I've done a little bit of knitting. I'm getting close to finishing the first snake scarf:



I'm also sewing together Lucky. I still need to block the second sleeve, though. I also have to knit the tie, which I started. I HOPE I remember to block that sleeve tonight. I'm through the yoke on my sister's top-down cardi also, but it's hard to take a photo because it's on a pretty short circular. I hate putting it on a string because it takes so long to get back on the needle, but maybe I'll just put it on a long need temporarily.

I also finished up "Crewel Yule". Yep, it's a quick read. It wasn't the best entry in this series. As always, I enjoyed reading about the needlework business and I like the main characters. As others have noted, this was very poorly edited. There were several grammar or punctuation problems, including missing partial or full sentences. There also were a few places where the wrong character name was used. The mystery was interesting, but wrapped up inprobably quickly. The main characters interviewed each of three suspects and then immediately deduced the killer. If you already read and enjoy this series, this one is ok, but if you want to check it out, start with one of the earlier books. I started our next book club selection:



I haven't read enough to draw any conclusions yet, but what I've read is very interesting and well-written.

I've spent most of the rest of my time doing my Christmas shopping. I'm most of the way done, but I'm a bit stuck on what to get my dad. He's so hard to buy for. I've got some ideas, though. I started wrapping presents. I had a few social engagements, too. It was Kerry's birthday this weekend, so we had a very nice dinner to celebrate. I also took Red and Michael to Lava Links for a little mini-golf and videogame playing. They were laughing like schoolgirls, so I think they had a lot of fun. And of course, there was a Vikings home game this weekend. These last few games have been so much more fun! Funny how winning is like that. The fantasy football season is winding down as well. I'm in 4 leagues this year. I'm eliminated from the playoffs in one league and I'm in first place in the other 3. Let's hope I can do well in the playoffs.

As always, I've also been cuddling with this cutie-pie and his buddy: