A Good Yarn

Monday, September 19, 2005

Rainy Days and Mondays

Let's start with the positive. It was a great weekend! I took a class at Archivers called "Hip Christmas Cards". I know, it seems too early, but if you're going to make your own Christmas Cards, it's going to be time to start soon. Here's what we made:



These were mostly stamped and then watercolored. The two cards with long lines of words were these cool stamps that come without a handle. You take a block of plastic and put whichever rubber stamp you want to use on it and the whole thing is clear, so you can easily see where you're stamping. They're so cool and pretty, so I definitely picked those up. I may make that Christmas tree card, but I'm not a huge fan of watercoloring, so I'm still going to keep my eyes open.

Saturday night the local AK group got together at Needlework Unlimited for our monthly knit together. NU offered their store to us after hours and we took them up on it. It was so much fun!! Being locked into a yarn store is a dream come true! They were so nice to us - allowing us free roam of the store, allowing us to bring food in for dinner and then giving us Dove ice cream nuggets - yum!! Everyone had a great time. I liked get together on Saturday night instead of afternoon, too. There have been a lot of times when I have gone out on Saturday night after AK, so maybe I wouldn't always like it, but I liked having the day to get stuff done and then getting together with friends to knit and talk non-stop in the evening. I didn't get much knitting done, but the store kept the register open so I picked up a few pretties:



Schaeffer Anne. As you can see, it's dyed pretty regularly, so I'm going to try making the pooling colors scarf with it. We've been talking about it again at my SNB group and it's got me itching to make it again. I've gotta find my magazine though - I think it's with my other skein of Anne.



Some more Trekking XXL. This is the colorway and effect that I was looking for. I'm trying to decide whether to take that other skein back or just add it to the stash. I also bought a new sock book, ">Sensational Knitted Socks, which is really awesome.

I don't have much to say about the Vikings game. It sucked. Daunte is killing me. I love Pep and I've defended him so vociferously. But he was awful yesterday. I don't know how a guy can look so lights out in the pre-season and then so awful in the regular season. This is going to be a long season.

On the plus side, I did get a lot of knitting done. I finished the sleeves on the heart sweater:



After I ripped out the sleeves and then re-knit them, I realized I hadn't messed them up after all and had to rip again and knit again. Argh! I'm so happy to be done with intarsia for a while. I have a love/hate relationship with intarsia. I just have to put sew the sleeves in and then do the neckband and I'm done. I was hoping to finish up today, but my mistakes with the sleeve took me off schedule. An FO to come soon!