A Good Yarn

Sunday, July 25, 2004

Summertime...

It's just absolutely perfect around here these days. No more stifling heat. No more unbearable humidity. I love it!

I spent a couple of hours sitting inside, in the dark, to see this on Friday night:



It was a good summer flick. I liked the first one and I liked this one too.

Yesterday I did apheresis at the Red Cross, so I got a bit of reading done on my book club book. This is what we're discussing at our next meeting:



It's a good book. The writing is beautiful. I'm getting close to the end and I can't wait to see how it comes out, which is always the mark of a good story. He did a great job of portraying a young girl who doesn't quite understand how the adult world works, and then revisiting the character when she's an adult and finally understands the consequences of her actions and can figure out what really was going on. I'd highly recommend it.