A Good Yarn

Friday, July 02, 2004

The Day After

It was a great birthday!

We had a barbeque at the office, grilling steaks. They were delish! It's fun to take a couple of hours off in the middle of the day and hang out outside, eating good food and chatting up the folks in the office and friends.

In the evening, I went to Cafe Lurcat for dinner and then over to Bar Lurcat to listen to Jazz. Jazz Night is awesome! They serve a Prix Fixe dinner from 5:00 - 6:30. It includes a salad, dinner item, side item, glass of wine and dessert for only $19. I HIGHLY recommend it! I had the mixed greens salad, the chicken and the fried gnocchi which also comes with a side of green beans. Dessert is mini donuts with cinnamon and sugar. It was all excellent. The portion sizes were really generous. At 7:30 they have live jazz in the bar. They serve highly addictive martinis - I got the Grapefruit Drop and could probably guzzle down about a half dozen without even thinking. :-)

My friends Alissa and Stephanie gave me a bracelet and earring combo, which Stephanie made, for my birthday. Stephanie also knitted the cutest little envelope as "wrapping". Here's the jewelry:



Beautiful, huh? Those wooden beads are gorgeous.

I always like to do a little knitting on my birthday, so when I got home I worked on the cat mat I'm knitting for The Critter Knitter's Knit-a-thon. Overall, it was a wonderful day! And I'm looking forward to the long weekend!!!