A Good Yarn

Sunday, July 18, 2004

AK Get Together

The Twin Cities Ample Knitters got together at Border's in St. Paul yesterday. There was a pretty good turnout - 8 in all. As usual, we had a great time chatting and knitting. I worked on my Florentine Flattery and made some good progress.
 
Alex brought along pictures of her knitting cruise to Alaska and I was extremely jealous! It looks like a fantastic trip and Alaska is just beautiful. One of these days I'm going to take that cruise too. Someone brought a shell made with Rowan Calmer. OH MY GOODNESS!! Now I know what all the fuss is about. I think I'm in love. It's pretty pricey, but feels like butter. I've put a couple of bids on some lots on eBay, so perhaps some will be mine, mine, mine!
 
In the evening, I saw this:



It was ok. Didn't love it, didn't hate it.