A Good Yarn

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Doggies

Most of the knitting blogs I've seen include lots of pictures of the bloggers pet (usually a cat), so I thought I'd post the obligatory dog pictures today.



That's Fiona.



And this is Finbar.

They are Shetland Sheepdogs. I'm a bit of a dog nut.

I had a question from Ellen about the beads I used on my charm bracelet. The photo is perhaps not 100% true to color. The square beads are a true purple color. They were available loose at "Beadbury" in Osseo, MN for 25 cents a piece. They're just regular plastic/acrylic beads - not so sparkly as glass or crystal ones. I liked that they were square also - I like to combine different shapes in my beaded jewelry. I mostly liked the color, though - it's hard to find a true purple bead, other than seed beads.

Ellen commented on how lucky I am to have beading stores close to me. And she's right. Here in the Twin Cities, we are extremely lucky in all crafts. There are over a dozen yarn stores, over two dozen bead stores, tons of rubberstamping/scrapbooking stores and a lot of quilting stores. Plus you have the usual big box craft stores - Michael's, JoAnn's, Walmart, etc. So, we are very, very lucky here.

Of course, the Twin Cities is a big place, so they're not all super convenient to get to. The stores I went to Saturday are about 40 minutes away from my house, so I'm not likely to just pop in to see what they have. However, there are stores that are close by that I can pop in if I need some needles or want to buy some beads or something like that. That's part of the reason I love living here. It certainly adds to my quality of living!