A Good Yarn

Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Amazing Threads

Here are my purchases from the AK trip to Amazing Threads on Saturday:



2 Skeins of Plymouth Encore for the Alien Illusion scarf in "Stitch n Bitch". I've wanted to knit that scarf for a while, but I knit too many scarves last winter. You definitely need scarves in MN, but you can only wear one at a time...



4 Skeins of Noro Kureyon for the Lily Bag from Black Sheep Bags. I made a Booga Bag last winter and really like it, so I decided to make another bag that is just a little bit different. I got the pattern in the Great Stash Redistribution Project.



4 Skeins of K1C2 Tartelette. Amazing Threads had a garter stitch shawl hanging in the shop as their Project of the Month. I loved this yarn and have never knit with it before, so I thought I'd try it out. It's very similar to Berroco Zen, which I did make a sweater out of. I think this feels a lot smoother and more pliable than the Zen, though. It's closer to what I thought Zen was going to feel like.

That's it! Some good stuff, huh? Now if I can only find time to start knitting them up!